jstein wrote:
> Vaj's entirely predictable dump notwithstanding, no
> matter where MMY got the information--and especially
> if he got it piecemeal, as Vaj claims--what's so
> remarkable to me is the way he put it together into
> a coherent, consistent system.

 Yes, MMY is an absolute genius in some of his lectures - their structure,
humor and
consistency with all the other information he has presented.

> Nor would it have been just a matter of stitching it
> together like a patchwork, because it all had to make
> sense in the context of the TM technique.  And claims
> that TM isn't unique are belied by its implications,
> as MMY teaches them, for all the *other* various
> principles, many of which you just don't find anywhere
> else.
  MMY himself says he has not invented any of the info, just revived it it's
more pure form
(and then stuck his own name on it, of course).

> If all he taught were traditional understandings, he
> wouldn't arouse so much hostility from traditional
> teachers.

I don't want to sound like a TB caught up in rationalizing all sorts of
craziness, but it did
occur to me while watching old tapes that the whole TMO" and MMY thing is an
exercise in
stretching awareness to encompass extremes/opposites.  MMY has said that the
expansion of awareness to encompass silence and dynamism, infinity and a point,
relaitve
and absoloute etc etc etc is necessary.  And with the TMO, if you choose to
stay involved
or even wishful and semi attached, you end up trying to stretch your awareness
around
thievery and liesat one extreme to  powerful understanding and some great
experiences at
the other.  Like a huge exercise in entertaining extremes at the same moment in
time.  So,
doubters are not sinners, they are dong exactly what they must.