> > > Just because some bonehead posts here that Kaplan
> > was "ripped off" for
> > > $16 million  does not make it true. Kaplan said
> > all kinds of things
> > > about the TMO when he split, but being ripped off
> > was not one of the
> > > claims -- Kaplan simply said that he was
> > ill-treated after donating
> > > millions of dollars.
> > >

> > He said a great deal more than he was ill treated.
> > Aren't all the
> > letters in the files area?
> >
> > JohnY

Earl made it clear both publicly and to his friends that the
transfering of the monies in the spiritual center acct to India was
the main cause of the split and was deeply surprising and disturbing
to him at the time.  It's true there may have been some rumblings of
dissatisfaction already due to a number of factors such as MMY turning
down Earl's offer of sponsoring pundits and the reason for doing so
(which has been discussed here before) - Earl did not go on the
millionaires course probably for this reason.  But the reports from
close friends and spiritual mountain associates of Earl is that he was
very much committed to the spiritual mountain project and sponsoring
purusha and MD.  I don't know anything direct about David's state of mind.

People can believe the $16 million heist story or not based on their
perceptions of MMY, but the view that the Kaplans made up the whole
split as a way to justify selling the property is not viewed as true
by anyone who knew them at the time.

I don't know the details of the sale - if it includes all the
buildings as well as land and roads, then they did not clean up with a
$44 million sales price.