--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Nelson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Actually, from what I've heard from linguists,
> > Romany (Gypsy) has a great number of languages
> > in its "family;" it has been described as a
> > blend of many different languages. That's cer-
> > tainly the way it sounds to me. But Basque
> > remains linguistically pretty much a mystery;
> > it doesn't seem to have any clear relationship
> > to other languages on this rock.
> >
> +++ Atlantean expatriates?  (only if you believe the premise)
>     Didn't remember the Basque language mystery- thanks.  N.

Some linguists say that they detect a resemblance
between Basque and Tibetan. Which is curious, because
there is one other Tibetan/Pyrennes connection that
I know of. The breed of dog known as a Great Pyrennes
is found there, of course, but is also found in one
other place in the world -- Tibet. Go figure.

For all we know, a bunch of wandering Tibetans, far
from home and in search of high mountain terrain,
may have found there way to the Pyrennes and settled
there.