> On Mar 6, 2006, at 11:56 AM, jim_flanegin wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> >

> >> He's a good read, esp. if you're tired of the mamby-pamby new
age
> >> schlock that passes as "eastern wisdom" these days.
> >>
> >> There's probably something in Vimalananda to upset just abut
> >>
> > anyone.
> >
> >> But Aghori tantrics aren't for everyone.
> >>

> > Yeah, he comes across as a jerk to me.
>
> I don't know how valuable it is to judge a person based on a
couple
> of paragraphs.

depends on the couple of paragraphs. You apparently thought those
that you excerpted were representative of this fellow.

> Suffice to say, if you had a certain way you pre-conceived how a
> "good" guru should be, my guess is, he would shatter that.

I'm not thinking of him as a guru. To my way of thinking, whether a
person bags groceries or is a guru makes little difference how I see
them. As a person, and from the quotation, he seems like a jerk.
Just not my style, that's all.