--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Nelson"
> > <nelsonriddle2001@> wrote:
> > >
> > > +++ someone should point out that the west was started
> > > after the powers that be discovered that the east was
> > > a bust and, started over.
> >
> > And that elitists in the East have been whining about
> > it ever since in tracts like the one Vaj posted.  :-)
> >
> > The "jerk quotient" didn't come from his theory of
> > why people pre-claim enlightenment; the "jerk quotient"
> > came from being an Indian with an inferiority complex
> > that expresses itself by calling non-Indians "asuras"
> > and putting them down. I find it difficult to under-
> > stand how someone can see past the "jerkness" to
> > appreciate the supposed "theories." The jerk "view"
> > ("all non-Indians are of low birth, unevolved, and
> > probably the incarnation of asuras") determines the
> > theory ("...and that's why they are drawn to false
> > gurus"). The theory is *based on* the elitist jerk
> > beliefs. It's sorta like reading a theory about why
> > Jews are drawn to money, written by Adolf Eichmann.
>
> If westerners are such asuras, why do modern gurus have
> to develop a following of western asuras and the bankrolls
> that they provide to even be heard in their homeland?

And why do Eastern gurus design their grand buildings
to look exactly like British Raj government buildings,
and call them "Vedic?"  :-)

I really think that a lot of this "Westerners are
asuras" stuff comes from Indians who still resent
being a conquered people, and who haven't gotten
over their love/hate/envy relationship with the
British.

They point at the Vedas and the *mythical* past of
India (which they cannot document in actual history)
and say, "We are great, the cradle of spiritual know-
ledge on the planet. Don't look at the mess that we
made of our country and the social customs we devel-
oped that kept all of our women powerless and a huge
part of our population poor, despised and untouchable
for centuries, focus on the *myth* of what India was
like in the "Vedic period," the same myth *we* like
to focus on."

I'm sorry, but it's bullshit. It's just the olde
"chosen people" elitism shit rearing its ugly head
again, and the fact that it's rearing its head in
"Mother India" doesn't make it any more palatable
than it does when it appears elsewhere on the planet.

> Are *satvic* easterners more dense than the asuras or
> what? Sometimes the smoke is really thick..

Indeed it is. If there is such a thing as an asura,
it thinks in terms of elitism and all of the people
it's superior to. Seems to me that in the tract that
Vaj posted, there is no question about where that
particular 'tude arose...in the East.

> P.T. Barnum

"There's a sucker reborn every minute..."