> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Robert Gimbel <babajii_99@>
> wrote:
> >
> > I'm wondering what other experiences are.. during meditation and
> the question of arriving at the state of 'settled intellect' as was
> discussed by Maharishi in the state of Samadhi..
> >   As the intellect is the function of the mind to discriminate
> between 'this or that'.
> >   Does the intellect settle by discriminating between a thought
> and coming back to the mantra?  or
> >   Does the intellect settle by discriminating between subtler
> experiences of the mantra, as it refines, or what?
> >   Does the intellect cease to discriminate at all, in Samadhi?
> >   How exactly does the the intellect become more settled, and
> then  completely settled during TM ?
> >
> Including this morning's meditation, my experience has regularly
> been to think the mantra, which moves my mind towards subtler
states
> of thought. Thoughts arise, then the mantras is introduced again
and
> the mind moves towards yet subtler states of thought. Then it
> reaches a state of no thought. And just rests in the fullness of
> that; Being. No intellect there.
>
> Don't know if that is "Samadhi". Don't really care either; Samadhi
> appears overrated. Hope that helps.

Yeah, Thanks that helps; my interest in this idea of the 'settled
intellect'
Like another way to understand transcendence.
And that it is ok for the intellect to just stop; take a break, so to
speak...
And how that maybe habituated into the system:
Perhaps like less intellect and more Heart, more Being, carried into
relative life...
Perhaps the intellect takes on a different dimension also, in higher
states of consciousness?