--- shempmcgurk wrote:

> A history of violence.
>
> Which, by the way, was robbed at the Academy Awards.  It should
> have, at the least, been nominated for several Oscars, including
> Best Picture.

Rising sign of the Age of Englightenment: used to be, revenge
movies like Billy Jack allowed us to vicariously vent our rage as
we watched the gentle hero go justifiably postal. Now, revenge
flix show how debilitating violence is on the perpetrator, no
matter how justifiable his revenge may be.

The Academy acknowledged this theme by nominating
Munich rather than A History of Violence.