--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, defenders_of_bhakti
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <fairfieldlife@>
> wrote:

> > > Guru Dev
> > > concur with
PR
> > > move. Kind
> > >>

> > > No, it's not "kind of like" it; it's worse.
> > >
> > > At least Fidel has his fans even in the U.S.  Save for a very
small
> > > fringe of neo-nazis and white supremists, there is universal
hatred
> > > for the nazis and their primary symbol, the swaztika.
> >
> > I mentioned it was a dumb PR move, but what was I saying? The
whole
> setting
> > in which the swastika is displayed portrays no concern for or
> awareness of
> > PR impact.
>
> In Germany, there is no question of it, it is simply forbidden by
law
> to display it. In India I see it everywhere, on every shop etc.Its
> supposed to be a luck bringing symbol, the way it is painted. I
> personally think it should not be tabood. Maharishi is Indian, the
> movement has strong Indian undercurrents, why make it a big issue?
It
> just depends on the context it appears in. If you make sure it's
> meaning not mistaken, if it is clear that a Nazi association is not
> implied, what's wrong then. I'm sure that there are indian Ammaji
> publications which also contain the Swastika. Its just so much in
use
> in India.

It is not appropriate in MMY's and the TMO's case because they
assert that they are a universal movement promoting a universal
technique for everyone.  In light of that, they must be sensitive to
the effect certain symbols have...and, fair or not, the swaztika has
a very negative connotation in certain quarters.