--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "anonyff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Just for the record, Michael has done his share of
> > "picking on" in the past--big-time, in fact.  I can't
> > recall whether you were ever on TMNews or TMControversy,
> > but he used to go ballistic on occasion on those forums
> > when someone disagreed with him and blast them to
> > kingdom come.
> >

> I'm glad you bring this up. It is Michael Dean Goodman you are
> speaking of, right?

Yup.

 I've seen him around town (FF) at various times,
> and I think he is sleazy and arrogant but is very very good at
casting
> himself as very knowledgeable and righteous. It's why for me, every
> time I see one of his goody-goody posts describing how perfectly and
> purely he views things it really gets my hackles (what is a
hackle?) up.

(Good question.  What *is* a hackle??)

I've never met him, so I have no idea what he's like
in person.  I have seen him behave online in ways I
found quite repellent.

But if you can look past the goody-goody tone of his
long dissertations, he has a real genius for
explaining MMY's teaching, I think.