Hello Rick,

Thanks for the clarification.  The culture is not my original.  It's part of our Western tradition, at least since Josephus and probably before, to be exact in the facts and that the facts last eternally.  In the tradition of shastra, a story may morph, including its attributions, such that the story may fundamentally remain the same, though the names of the characters may change, such as Narada being directed either by Krishan or Vishnu, though the story otherwise remains the same, or that while no king Rama actually existed, the story was built around someone who did exist who, of course, was a human, not an incarnation of god.

I, like you, would prefer retaining the factuality of stories and authors, in contrast to the ever morphing attribtutions or character names involved, though adjusting a story to meet the lesson of a moment with greatest pertinence will continue to have value, while presenting it as just such an illustration and perhaps not an exact historical moment.

Flourishingly,

Dharma Mitra
DharmaMitra2 AT gmail.com

    Helping you "Say It With Panache!"

Because, how you say it can be, and often is,
   as important as what you want to convey,
      and what you have to say is
         very important to you.

http://PROUT-Ananlysis-Synthesis.latest-info.com

   Copywriting - Editing - Publishing - Publicity

Of all that anyone leading or teaching has to convey, the most valuable thing to cultivate and convey to others is a moral conscience. Only such persons deserve to lead others, in any capacity. Anything less is a menace to society.