--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > > It's always six months ....
> > >
> > Right. He does this to break our attachment to
> > external 'rescue', and to become Self motivated.

He does this for the same reason that software
companies "sell futures" by touting the Next Big
Thing, which is "almost here," to make money.

> That may be but it also lends the air of unreality to
> all the projects and pronouncements. It's also good for
> fund raising efforts directed to a certain group too.

And it plays upon modern man's inability to remember
"pronouncements" made last week, much less six months
ago. I once worked with a teacher who made a lot of
predictions for what was going to happen in the future.
Most of his students were convinced that *all* of them
had come true. I didn't buy it, so I started writing
them down and then comparing the predictions of the
near future to the reality of those near futures when
they rolled around. Only about 20% of them were
accurate, but the *perception* that he was some
great seer and that his predictions were 100% accurate
was almost universal among his students.

Ya believe what ya wanna believe...facts only get
in the way.