(snip) Why you and the other TBs here are always so annoyed by
questions
> >  about
> >  > the Beatles or even any references to them is beyond me, since
> >  without
> >  > them it's unlikely most others would ever have heard of MMY.

Maharishi's message was not at all clear, as translated by the
Beatles experience with him in India.
Really, it as not until the seventies, that TM really took off.
The Beatle's message was more of confusion and disappointment,
And that, in those days, they could of had a much more positive
influence; many more people would have started earlier.

The Beatles had fame beyond compare, at the time, and could have
spead Maharishi's message, in a profound way.
Like David Lynch is doing now.
Instead, following the trip to India, they became more associated
with drugs, and Yoko,  and lost their original appeal: it all fell
apart.

Maharishi has devoted his life to teaching meditation and Vedic
Wisdom ,   and I'm sure was completely disappointed with the Beatles
and the drugs and nasty rumors, which as he says, was and is a waste
of time, to re-hash all of what occured, as it could have been much
different.

It really was not until the seventies, around 1975, that the movement
really took off, with the Merv shows, and the many celebraties that
had started TM at the time, and were helping to spread the message.

Then again, it was a more innocent time...