On Mar 20, 2006, at 3:26 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunshine@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Such a cynic.
>
> Such a realist.

As a case in point, wasn't it about six months ago
that Maharishi announced that Sat Yuga had begun?

I thought he did that pretty much every six months.
Do you hear many people talking about how beautiful
life is in Sat Yuga lately, or are they talking
about the Next Big Thing?  :-)

To balance this, I think that, as a result of bom-
bardment by a media that teaches ephemerality and
a sense that the only thing that really matters is
what is said today, *most* people on the planet
have lost their ability to remember past "predictions"
by politicians and spiritual leaders.

I thought that was primarily an American phenomenon--maybe not. I'd hate to think people in other countries have become as apparently stupid as we have over here.