<fairfieldlife@>

> > > Maharishi?

> > > Freeze time at just the moment before Maharishi came into the
lives of
> > > the Beatles and extrapolate from there: where would they and
their
> > > music have been without the creative influence MMY had on them?
> >
> > The white alblum would have had much less drivel and crap and
would
> > have relected a surging extrapolation of the inventiveness and
joy of
> > Rubber Soul, Revolver and Sgt. Pepper?

We have to remember also, that in that year of 1968, I believe the
Beatles were with Maharishi, starting in February of that year.
But those times in '68, were quite violent...Martin Luther King,
Bobby Kennedy both assasinated. It was a turning point time, that
year...There were many riots both racial, and the tide against the
Viet Nam war was increasing immensely. The explosive riots in Chicago
at the Democratic Convention.
So, the White Album, reflected those times: 'Helter-Skelter'
So, sometimes chaos does get the upper hand, and people do get off
the path. After all the 'boys' were only in their twenties in
the '60's.