--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, a_non_moose_ff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "anonyff" <anonyff@> wrote:
> >
> > On TTC in Mallorca, Jan-June 1971, Brahmarishi Devarat and his son
> > (who looked like Tonto from the Lone Ranger) were often at meetings

Devarat was so special,  He was the greatest Rig Veda pundit in India
 according to M., and had done what no other pundit had done. As I
recall, it was having memorized the entire RigVed and supporting texts
(Brahmanas?). And when he passed, no one was left with that
"fullness".  of RigVed. Other pundits may have known quite a bit, but
would use texts as aids.

Also, as I recall, he cognized some "new" verses of Rig Ved. M
commented on some of them.

I still hear his voice. The chanting of the RigVed in a particular
meter, and then a short stop, and then "commentaries" (in sanskrit) --
in a much more speaking tone.

He looked like the perverbial "wise man" all white hair and long white
beard.

I stumbled into the kitchen once when he was making almond milk in a
huge pot. He was so sweet, natural and down to earth. He spoke litle
english, but he poured cup of the hot almond milk, handed it to me,
and said "Drink. Good." With a big smile and dazzling, twinkling eyes.