--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Building new satellite flying halls in Fairfield is a very odd
project indeed.
> Normally one builds in response to demand, but when the main flying
halls
> are about 85% empty, there seems little point in building new ones. The
> problem, as anyone of any sense in Fairfield can see, is that people
no longer
> want to do their programs -- if they want to do them at all -- in a
group. As a
> community, we are aging, and over the years we have failed to replenish
> ourselves with new, enthusiastic younger people who would find going
to the
> dome a new and exciting experience. I think I'm fairly typical of
the old guard
> in Fairfield. I went to the dome regularly for about 15 years. Then my
> attendance became sporadic and finally ended altogether. I just
didn't want to
> go any more, and can't imagine that ever changing. One's desires and
> priorities change over time. (Doug gets obsessed with those who have
been
> banned from the dome, but the bannings are only a very small part of
the
> picture. I've never been banned; I just don't want to go.)
>
> If we want to rebuild superradiance numbers, we need to attract fresh,
> younger faces here, not spend our time and resources trying to
attract old
> dogs like me who are no longer interested. It's pretty much a waste
of time.

  I'm relutant to bang on the same old drum, but it's difficult to
attract the young at $2500 + $3000 plus dome fee per seat. All new
flying halls will do is add more to the real estate portfolio. Makes
me wonder what the real intent is, because the disconnect to too big
to understand.

JohnY

JohnY