--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, a_non_moose_ff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<fairfieldlife@>
> > wrote:

MMY's
> > behavior was
> > asked dumb
> > >
> > > Do you fly into a screaming rage if someone asks you a dumb
> > question. If you
> > > do that at work you end up fired. If you do that at home you
end up
> > > divorced. If you do that to your kids, they end up on drugs,
etc.,
> > etc.
> > >

> > Ever been lit into by a sergeant in basic training? Perhaps the
> > situation is completely different, but sometimes you have to yell
> > get a point across.
>
> That was my take on it. I didn't sense a "personal" anger -- but he
> was sort of acting out a "scene" to make a point.

I recounted my version of the Rishikesh story to a bunch of TMers on
a tour bus that had run out of gas in England on the way tohave lunch
at Mentmore Towers. Up until I told my story, we had been sitting
around looking glum, while the driver calmly smoked a cigarette.
After the 4th or 5th person went up to him and expressed extreme
displeasure at his behavior or lackthereof, he walked to the nearest
RAC phone booth about a mile away and someone came with a can of gas
and got the bus started. If we hadn't bitched and moaned, he would
have been quite happy to get paid for smoking cigarettes and doing
nothing. Once we started complaining, he started moving. We found him
quite amusing, actually.