> On Mar 25, 2006, at 12:20 PM, a_non_moose_ff wrote:
>
> >  > > Things like dedication and service are not valued in
> >  > > the TM movement, doncha know? Only making money is.
> >  > > Get with the program.
> >  > >
> >  >
> >  > Took a long time to learn about that, I was stubborn. Much to
my
> >  > detrement.
> >  >
> >  > JohnY
> >
> >  And its generally weak people who base their lives on what others
> >  think of them, on what others value in them, being the puppet of
> >  others values, instead of figuring out what needs to be done and
doing
> >  it. No "fruit" or reward needed.
>
> And that's exactly the kind of attitude the TMO looks for in
people,
> call it the Doormat technique.

That's funny. While I've met plenty of people in the TMO who are
content to sit on their behinds and let the "nature take care of it,"
I've also met plenty of people who go out and DO things. I'm known
throughout the TMO as the "public access advocate." Just about
everyone who's been on MUM faculty knows my name. I did my own TV
shows using the MUM video magazine for years. When a few people
expressed concern that perhaps the video magazine shouldn't be shown
in public, I responded that if they put their concerns in writing
saying I didn'[t have permission to do that, I would stop. Never got
any written permission or denial of permission, but I still sometimes
get calls from people in the TMO asking my advice on how to set
things up. (of course, given that public access no longer exists in
mosty places in the country, I can't give them much advice, butthat's
another matter).