> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, a_non_moose_ff <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gillam"

> > > Forget the gay thing...what you have just described
> > > is the entire history of the TM movement from Day
> > > One -- pretense and hiding its normality in the
> > > closet,
> >
> > Not from Day One. Maybe from Month Two or so.
>
> :-) Possibly so. It was already true with the IMS
> and SRM groups in L.A., even before SIMS was ever
> formed.

SIMS is eternal, part of the Ved.:)

I was thinking Squaw Valley 68, which you said you were there. It was
not exactly a conformist camp.

And pre 1970 the Berkeley Center -- while generally dignified, had
some deifinte color. No one was turned away for lackof funds: "you
can't afford the $35, ok what can you pay?"/. And things like, I
remember one morning, Nat Goldhaber wandered down to the front desk,
as a day of initiations was begining (he lived there) in his
underwear, with cowboy boots on, yelling about this or that.

Even first year mallorca was a bit loose. No ties, could grow breards.
etc. I was shocked when I went to Fuiggi for rounding. Ties required,
much more straight-laced.