> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, MDixon6569@ wrote:
<snip>
> > Probably much more than you. I assume you can give a few
examples
> > of exactly what you mean. I have never heard of any consensus of
> > Christian leaders that would ever suggest anybody be aborted for
> > any reason  other than to save the life of the mother. However
the
> > Human secularist
>
> As opposed to the *non*-human secularist?
>
> > will give you any number of reasons *why* a fetus
> > *should*be  aborted.
>
> Actually, I've never heard a secularist give any reasons
> why a fetus *should* be aborted, only reasons why the
> decision should be left to the woman and her doctor.

P.S.:  On the other hand, I've heard plenty of religionists,
including Christians, say the same thing.

Nobody is *in favor of* abortion.  But it's funny how
many right-wingers are distinctly *not* in favor of
measures that would help make abortion unnecessary, like
education about birth control, or in some cases even
making birth control *available*.