On Mar 26, 2006, at 1:46 PM, a_non_moose_ff wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Who was the guy with sunglasses on during the question session with
> > Donovan who wanted Donovan to sing a response on different words for
> > consciousness, both "other", higher and "demonic"?
> >
> > Are these locals or people who came from all over?
> >
> > Interesting response to the question on the Rishikesh sex scandals.
> > At least there is freedom of speech during live streaming, it was
> > cool the question could be asked and answered live.
>

> I missed it. What did he say?

This guy wanted Donovan to respond in song--in other words, sing his
response--but rather than describe consciousness with all the
buzzwords he's heard repeated all weekend long, he wanted to hear
about the whole range of consciousness, from "wrestling with
consciousness" and the demonic aspects to infinite, pure, unbounded,
"higher consciousness" adjectives they all talked about so much: the
light and the dark. Donovan just had this stunned look on his face
and he said he didn't understand the question, so the guy repeated it
in abbreviated form (the question was rather long and somewhat
convoluted--and you weren't sure if he wanted him to sing his
response or talk about how he'd write a song about this). Donovan
again said he didn't understand the question, so the guy repeated it
a third time. He still didn't get it, so someone stepped up on the
stage and whispered something into Donovan's ear. Then Donovan
answered the question of how he expressed higher consciousness into
song--not the question the guy had asked. I swear to god, if he
wasn't dead, you could've swore the guy in the sunglasses was Hunter
S. Thompson.

A guy from Germany (Berlin) asked about the early Rishikesh days with
the Beatles (and the Hurdy Gurdy story he had told the night before
where JL called M. "a good guru" and patted him on the head) and
asked what was it that had caused him to remain with meditation, but
the Beatles split off from Maharishi. Donovan said that what people
were saying was that Maharishi was getting girls in his room and then
asking them to meditate in front of him topless, and other rumors. He
then mentioned (one of the four reliances) the important thing is the
teaching, not the teacher. He added that both George and he went on
meditating but that John had gone on to write (critical) songs about
Maharishi. What he thought it really was about was a jealousy between
Mal (Evans) and John. He claimed Mal had some wine smuggled in and
got various women drunk--and got them to start telling stories--and
that's how the stories got started.

He also said that M. had wanted Donovan to stay on and they could set
up a university in Edinborough together. Donovan refused and said he
instead wanted to set up an invisible university through his music.
Maharishi told, 'then go (and do that).'