--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wayback71" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <fairfieldlife@>
wrote:

> > From a friend:
> >
> > Dear Rick
> >
> >  From reading FFL tonight, it seems not much is known about
Bevan.
> [...]
> > not looking at anyone, and then Maharishi calmed down and
allowed the
> > course to continue at MUM. So, Bevan learned to hold his peace in
> > order to keep the University front and center in M's attention
and in
> > a positive light. Bevan's foremost focus was keeping Maharishi
> > appraised of the good side of the University. In that Bevan
failed to
> > honestly convey the true story; but then those that convey the
not so
> > rosey truth get fried and fired. Is that Bevan's fault? don't
think so.

> > Many a faculty meeting Bevan would just  pour out love and
compassion
> > for the faculty. But there was very little that he could do  in
> > changing policy. M had his own vision and that had to be
followed.
> > Bevan faithfully followed M's vision. After all, it is M's
> > university, not Bevan's.
> >
> > I think we need to be very careful to not compare M's Movement
to a
> > regular business. Sure, that may be a downfall; but we must
remember
> > that Maharishi, as a spiritual Master, has a responsibility
towards
> > the spiritual enlightenement of his disciples. That may mean
that M
> > instantly dissolves any successful venture a disciple sets up if
that
> > disciple has any ego involved.  Bevan has taken many falls; but
he
> > picks himself up again and keeps plugging on. He's suffered from
> > depression and low self-esteem, but just kept working. From my
side
> > he is to be admired for that. It's been tough on Bevan and he
doesn't
> > have many friends; very few that he can confide in. It's lonely
at
> > the top of the TM heap and M plans it that way.
> >
> > Bevan makes lots of mistakes, but don't we all? M now has Bevan
by
> > his side for a reason. I hope M's plan works for Bevan's sake.
> >
> > Do I like Bevan? No.
> > But I do admire what he has been able to accomplish.
> >
> > And that's my version of this story.
> >

> This rings true and is an excellent analysis.  I hope Bevan has
had marvelous spiritual
> experiences during this whole thing.  I first saw Bevan on a
ladies course about 1977 in
> Arosa, Switz.  He was so handsome, seemed very intelligent,
totally devoted to MMY, had a
> twinkle in his eye and lots of compassion and a good sense of
humor.   Whatever has
> happened over the years, it is certain that we all need to blame
someone for the mess of
> the TMO, and Bevan is right there, front and center. An easy
target.  Easier than MMY.
> In the above post, I think the part about not evaluating the TMO

I concur.

I was only exposed to Bevan the 4 or 5 times he appeared on my 6-
month course in St. Moritz in 1977 (turquoise was on the same
course) and I was always very impressed by how Bevan conducted
himself.  I thought he was a natural-born leader and very, very
inspiring.

I admire him more than anyone else in the TMO.