> FUN WITH STATISTICS: Ides of March Attachment Test Results
>
> (Cutting my test short a couple of days to tie in with
> the trend towards analyzing FFL statistics...)
>
> * Percentage of Judy's posts in the last 200
>  or so posts made to FFL that were directly
>  replying to a post by Barry or that mentioned
>  him by name or innuendo:                            50%
>
> * The number of posts since March 14, 2006 (the
>  date I challenged Judy to see if she could
>  stop compulsively attacking me) in which she
>  has gone out of her way to post personal
>  insults aimed at me (as oppposed to legitimate
>  discussions of ideas I might have posted):          18
>
> * Average personal attacks against Barry per day:    1.3
>
> * Number of times Barry has replied to Judy, has
>  responded to any of her insults, or has even
>  mentioned her since March 14, 2006:                 0 (zero)

Well, actually, with this post it's now 1, not zero,
and there have been several more since.

> I thus suggest that the term "CYBERSTALKER" is
> completely appropriate to describe her mindstate,
> and her behavior.

According to Barry's unique and self-serving
definition of "cyberstalker," that is.  According
to the standard definition, what characterizes
a cyberstalker is that he/she remains anonymous.

Now, if you had been reading alt.m.t for any period
previous to Barry's joining FFL (and even afterward,
if sporadically), and were to use Barry's definition
of "cyberstalker," you'd find that it fit Barry's
behavior toward me just as well as it did my behavior
toward Barry.  For that matter, the same was true even
on FFL, until he decided to refrain for a while.

Also, Barry's *original* accusation that I was
cyberstalking him--which he's now conveniently
forgotten--was that I had come to FFL for the sole
purpose of harassing him (something he knew wasn't
true, since he had been the one who had urged the
folks on alt.meditation.transcendental to come to
FFL because there were interesting discussions
taking place there.)

I should also remind folks that Barry started
attacking me on FFL *before* he urged alt.m.t folks
to read FFL, as I found out when I came here and
read some of the past traffic for background.

> From my side, it's been so pleasant to *not* interface
> with her that I'm going to continue with this little
> experiment and continue to ignore her.

While he's ignoring me, do you think he's going to
continue to read my posts and obsessively keep count
of those that comment on his posts?

> But I just thought that since statistics were in vogue
> right now (thanks, Michael), you guys might be interested
> in the stats on her posts since I suggested a couple of
> weeks ago that she was *incapable* of not attacking me,
> even for a short test period.

Actually the proposed tests had to do with responding
at all, not just with attacking.

> The response was simple. She refused to participate,
> and continued to attack me. An average of 1.3 times
> a day. I rest my case.
>
> I don't know about you, but to me this behavior just
> screams "CYBERSTALKER." And it seems obvious at this
> point that there is no way it's going to end. Judy's
> obsession with me is a real, Class-A samskara (if
> not an actual psychosis), and will probably continue
> until the day she dies. Some advertisement for the
> 30-year benefits of TM, eh?  :-)

Depending on how one defines "benefits," of course.

Again, though, if you looked at the traffic on alt.m.t,
you'd find Barry's samskara with regard to me is a lot
closer to psychosis, especially given his inability to
attack me *honestly*.

> But it's her attachment and her problem, not mine,
> so I leave her to it.
>
> If attacking me is what she needs to get herself off,
> so be it.

Just as I do with anybody else here, I'll continue to
call attention to dishonesty, illogic, and hypocrisy
when I see it.

What Barry is unable to recognize, or at least admit
to, is that the number of my posts pointing out these
qualities in his posts is in direct proportion to the
number of his posts that *manifest* such qualities.

A higher percentage of his posts, in other words, are
dishonest, illogical, and hypocritical than those of
anyone else here, by a very significant margin.

 But just as she has been doing for the last