<shempmcgurk@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Okay, gotta ask:
> > >
> > > What in heck's name is a "tinyurl" and why is it that when I
copy
> > > and paste a web address here to link to another website I never
see
> > > it transformed into a "tinyurl"???
> >
> > You've got to transform it yourself, Shemp. Copy the
> > long URL (likely to wrap to more than one line and
> > thus not be clickable), and then paste it into the
> > obvious field on http://tinyurl.com/ and press the
> > 'Make TinyURL' button.
> >
> > Voila -- a long URL turned into a short one.
>
> Then you paste into the message you're sending...

TinyURL puts the short URL onto your clipboard, so
you don't have to Copy it first.

You can also put a button on your browser's Links bar
that you can click when you're on a page you want a
TinyURL for.  Clicking the button takes you to TinyURL,
automatically puts in the URL of the Web page you
were on, and puts the TinyURL on your clipboard, so
all you have to do is click the button, then paste the
TinyURL.

Click on the "Make Toolbar Button" on the menu at the
left of the TinyURL home page for complete instructions.