--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Interesting article in the New Yorker this week about
poverty: "Relatively
> Deprived: How Poor is Poor?"
>
> http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/articles/060403fa_fact
>
> I assume it's not yet illegal in the great Red State of Arizona to
read the New
> Yorker. But maybe you'll need to do it surreptitiously so you
don't get
> ostracized by your neighbors.

...and just for your info: there have been times when I seriously
considered cancelling my subscription because they are so left-
leaning.

For example, almost every issue Heindrick Hertzberg would rail
against ANYTHING conservative or GOP and it just simply got too
much...it was so partisan.  And virtually every issue had at least
one political story in it.

I buy The New Yorker because of the wonderful NON-political articles
they have...AND, of course, they have the best cartoons of any
publication in the world.  We get enough politics everywhere else.

I feel the same way about NPR: all their non-political stories are
just the best...but about half of what they do seems to be about
politics and quite frankly I find politics very depressing.