--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ingegerd"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Don't answer. I have received mails and telephone calls that I
have
> won in lotteries from abroad. The Police is warning about this
> stuff - the only thing they want is your bank account number - to
> tap the account.
> Ingegerd

I have two clients that have been scammed on this.  I'm an estate-
planner and I deal mostly with senior citizens.

One lost only about $3,000.00.

The other lost about $250,000.00.  I didn't want to go into detail
with them because I would have lost my cool and would have probably
ended up telling them what idiots they were and since I wanted their
business (which I eventually got) I kept my big mouth shut.

Somehow they were convinced to send all that money to people in
Spain.

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jason Spock <jedi_spock@>
> wrote:
> >

> >     Sir Rick, I have received 5 or 6 mails from South-Africa,
> telling me that I have won lottery.  Do you have any idea what
this
> is all about.??
> >
> >     I sent a reply to one of the mails and got a second message.
> >
> >       *******
> >     FLASH FORTUNE LOTTERY
> >   FIRST  QUATER OF  THE YEAR 2006
> >   YOU ARE THE WINNER OF THE
> >
> >   COMPUTER PROMOTIONAL DRAW
> >
> >   THIS MESSAGE IS  FROM  THE PROMOTION MANAGER, INTERNATIONAL
> PROMOTIONS/PRIZE AWARD DEPARTMENT
> >
> >     OMEGA CROSSING SA
> >

> >   YOU HAVE WON ON THE COMPUTER BALLOT,
> >
> >    THE SUM OF US$ 820,000.00
> >
> >   PLEASE CONTACT
> >
> >   (MR. DAVID ZUMA)
> >
> >   YOUR CLAIM AGENT.
> >
> >   FOR YOUR IMMEDIATE PAYMENT
> >
> >   CALL HIM PHONE NO. + 27-83 940 6792,
> >   email: davidzuma3030@
> >
> >   (GLOBAL MEGA LOTTERY)
> >
> >   PRIZE AWARD NOTIFICATION
> >

> >   We are pleased to inform you of the announcement made on..
March
> [...]
> numbers  3, 8, 13, 22, 27, 41 and Bonus number 12 and consequently
> YOU HAVE won in the Second Category.
> >
> >   Your winning Ticket is Number. 343-221-8756
> > Your Serial Number. 454-17
> > Your lucky draw Numbers are. 3, 8, 13, 22, 27, 41 Bonus Number
12
> > Your INSURANCE Number: FLS433/453L/GMSA
> >
> >   You have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay out of
> US$820,000,00 in cash, which is the winning payout for Second
> category winners. This is from the total prize money of
> US$17,650,000.00 shared among the Seven international winners in
the
> Second category. CONGRATULATIONS!
> >
> >   Please be informed that your transferred of the sum of
> US$820,000,00 is now  with Omega Crossing Finance and Security
> Company insured with your email address which won you this prize,
> therefore you should contact (OMEGA CROSSING SA) your agent and
give
> them your full names so that they will re-insure your transferred
> under your full names.
> >
> >   Please note that OMEGA CROSSING your paying agent, will invite
> you to their office in Johannesburg South Africa for your
immediate
> payment, you have to hurry up and contact them immediately.To
begin
> your claim, please call your claim agent immediately, and also  to
> send an urgent message to Mr. Nomara Chris through Phone or Email
> address
> >
> >   MR. David zuma
> >   FOREIGN SERVICE MANAGER,
> > OMEGA CROSSING SA.
> > # 25 RICHARDS RYLAAN, AUCKLAND PARK,0083
> > P.O. Box 524, AUCKLANDPARK
> > JOHANNESBURG 2001
> > SOUTH AFRICA
> > TEL:27 839 406 792 EMAIL: davidzuma3030@
> >

> >   NOTE: In order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications,
> please remember to quote your reference and batch numbers and
other
> information provided above and below in every one of your
> correspondences with your claims agent.
> >
> >   REFERENCE NUMBER: GML-S343-KKT-8811
> >   BATCH NUMBER: 56T-DTH78-SAR99
> >

> >   FLASH FORTUNE LOTTO PROGRAM IS A BONUS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD FOR
> THE 2010 SOCCER WORLD
> >
> >   Congratulations'' once again from all our staff and thank you
> for being part of our promotions program.
> >
> >   Sincerely,
> >   MR. MERVIN NKUMA
> > THE PROMOTIONS MANAGER,
> > FLASH FORTUNE LOTTERY.
> > 2nd Floor SABC
> > Radio Park Building
> > P.O. Box 91711,
> > Auckland Park, 2006 Henley Road.
> > Johannesburg, South Africa.
> >
> >   OMEGA CROSSING SA
> >   GOES INTERNATIONAL
> >   AS THE 2010
> >   WORLD CUP
> >   WILL BE HOSTED BY
> >   SOUTH AFRICA
> >
> >   THIS PROGRAM IS SPONSURED BY: SOUTH AFRICAN LOTTO AUTHORITY.
AND
> SUPPORTED BY: (F餩ration Internationale de Football Association)
> FIFA SUPPORT
> >

> >   second message
> >
> >   We have receive your mail and the content noted,
> >
> >   Regarding the mode of your payment we are giving you two
options
> which are will you be able to come down to South Africa to
> facilitate and claim your fund on or before 29th of March 2006 or
we
> appoint an attorney on your behalf to stand for you for your
> payment, if we are to appoint an attorney for you who will stand
on
> you behalf,
> >
> >    You have to be aware that your winning fund is insured with
> your name this is your insurance number is this FLS433/453L/GMSA.
> and your file deposit number OME. SA, 9080118308 /. Pls do
remember
> to mention your insurance and file deposit number whenever you are
> making reference to the attorney,
> >
> >   Please kindly forward this information below to enable us
> process you winning certificate,
> > FULL NAMES:
> > ADDRESS:
> > AGE:
> > OCCUPATION:
> > NATIONALITY:
> > COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE:
> >  TEL NUMBER:
> >  FAX: NUMERS
> > REFERENCE NUMBER
> > BATCH NUMBER
> > Hoping to hear from you regarding the procedure you opt for the
> payment of your fund.
> >
> >   Best regards
> >
> >   David Zuma

> > How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low  PC-to-
Phone