> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer
> > <fairfieldlife@> wrote:

> > > Some eye-witnesses thought they saw a smaller private jet
flying
> > into the
> > > Pentagon. Others thought they saw a rocket. Surveillance
videos
> > from local
> > > gas stations were confiscated immediately after the incident
and
> > never
> > > divulged.
> > >

> > Yeah, they said that about the Kennedy assasination, too: that
film
> > from cameras on Dealey Plaza were confiscated by FBI and other
> > agencies and never seen again.  Of course, we now know that
there
> > was only one gunman, Lee Oswald, who acted alone.
>

> Was thata bit of sarcasm? There's a certain question of how a
known
> KGB-trained gunman was lost sight-of exactly at the time JFK was
> visiting his area...

No, he was a MARINE-trained gunman.

Didn't you ever see "Full Metal Jacket"?

The platoon sits on bleachers facing
HARTMAN.

      HARTMAN
Do any of you people know who Charles Whitman was?

[No response.]

      HARTMAN

None of you dumbasses knows?

[COWBOY raises his hand.]

      HARTMAN

Private Cowboy?

      COWBOY

Sir, he was that guy who shot all those people from that tower in
Austin, Texas, sir!

      HARTMAN

That's affirmative. Charles Whitman killed twenty people from a
twenty-eight-storey observation tower at the University of Texas
from distances up to four hundred yards.

[HARTMAN looks around.]

      HARTMAN

Anybody know who Lee Harvey Oswald was?

[Almost everybody raises his hand.]

      HARTMAN

Private Snowball?

      SNOWBALL

Sir, he shot Kennedy, sir!

      HARTMAN

That's right, and do you know how far away he was?

      SNOWBALL

Sir, it was pretty far! From that book suppository building, sir!

[The recruits laugh at "suppository."]

      HARTMAN

All right, knock it off! Two hundred and fifty feet! He was two
hundred and fifty feet away and shooting at a moving target. Oswald
got off three rounds with an old Italian bolt action rifle in only
six seconds and scored two hits, including a head shot! Do any of
you people know where these individuals learned to shoot?

[JOKER raises his hand.]

      HARTMAN

Private Joker?

      JOKER

Sir, in the Marines, sir!

      HARTMAN

In the Marines! Outstanding! Those individuals showed what one
motivated marine and his rifle can do! And before you ladies leave
my island, you will be able to do the same thing!