<shempmcgurk@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>
> > > wrote:
> > >

> > > [snip]

> > > [snip]
> > >
> > > Am I missing something here?
> > >
> > > I got the distinct impression, Judy, that you were alluding to
> some
> > > sinister, mischievious, conspiratorial misdeeds on the part of
> some
> > > unnamed Americans -- probably Bush and company.
> > >
> > > Were you not?
> >
> > Nope.
>

> You weren't?
>
> Gee, Judy, let's all take a look at what you wrote in message 93096
> when we were all discussing the 9/11 videos (which we can all agree
> is about laying at least SOME blame of 9/11 on some unnamed
> Americans or Bush and company).

Yeah, but we weren't discussing the video, Shemp.  Go
back and look.

> You wrote about the "real dirt" which you thought existed": "And I
> think there is some", you wrote.  You continued: "The most glaring
> evidence that something funny was going on is what happened on the
> stock market in the days before the attack.  I haven't seen anybody
> even attempt to make a case that that was benign."
>
> Well, Judy, the "real dirt" you alluded to was NOT that terrorists
> were behind the trading. That isn't "real dirt"...everyone knew the
> terrorists flew the planes into buildings.  And, of course, the
> context of the discussion was conspiracy theory and that video,

It was conspiracy theory, but not that video.  And
if you'll recall, I was suggesting that the conspiracy
theories about controlled demolition and a missile
hitting the Pentagon were distractions, possibly
encouraged by disinformation.

The video came into the discussion later on, *after*
I'd brought up the stock market thing.

 the
> theme of which wasn't to remind us of Muslim terrorists being part
> of 9/11 -- everyone knows THAT -- but that some unnamed Americans
> were behind it.
>
> THAT is what you, Judy, with your own words were alluding to and I
> dare you now to say otherwise.

Oh, I say otherwise, unequivocally.

> If you weren't alluding to that, what WERE you referring to with
> your word about the "real dirt"?

You just quoted what I wrote, Shemp.  Obviously
what I was referring to was that the stock anomalies
appeared to indicate that somebody knew about the
attacks in advance.  I never said or implied anything
more than that.  I never suggested the traders in
question were behind the attacks.  You made that up.

> You should also now admit that you were incorrect when you said
> that you hadn't seen anybody even attempt to make a case that that
> was benign because you now have: Anon reproduced the well-cited
> snopes article that shows you it was benign.
>
> So you were wrong.

Heehee.  No, Shemp, I was absolutely correct when I said
I hadn't seen anybody even attempt to make a case.

> And you missed the mark when you wrote: "On the other hand, it's
> usually just mentioned in passing as one of the 'unanswered
> questions.'  I'm unaware of anyone who is seriously trying to dig
> up information on it."
>
> Well, you stand corrected now, don't you, Judy, because you have
> now seen it.

Note that I never said nobody *had*, only that I was
unaware of anyone having done so.  I don't choose my
words at random, Shemp.