> Mark: now that you have been informed (by the snopes posting by Anon)
> that the American Airlines put options purchase was counterbalanced by
> the purchase by the same institutional buyer of American stock, do you
> still feel that this was a suspicious trade, as you indicated in a

My full response to this isn't showing up...in short it explains a lot
about the high UAL put volumes I saw.  I still have some questions on
this rather weird trade (shorting UAL via puts, then buying AMR stock
4 days later, but not in equal hedged amounts), and other aspects of
the official report.

I'd say the put trades pre-9/11 probably have normal explanations but
I'm not 100% convinced.