> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anony_sleuth_ff <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> <snip>
> > > Plus which, we're talking about a windfall purportedly
> > > made on the basis of insider information about a coming
> > > disaster that would kill people, which is obviously a
> > > criminal act.
> >
> > Your references are not clear [to me]
> >
> > Are you saying that a windfall
> > made on the basis of insider information about a coming
> > disaster is  a criminal act.
>
> Having information about a planned murder and
> withholding that information from authorities
> is a criminal act (it's the one for which
> Moussaoui was convicted).  The trading itself
> may not be criminal, but it could be evidence
> of a criminal act.

Its a crime to withhold knowledge of a planned murder if interogated
about it by Law Eenforcement Officers -- that is the Moussaoui case as
I understand it.

The applicable question is it a crime to withhold knowledge of a
planned murder or crime if not interogated -- as would presumably be
the case of insiders making stock trades based on prior knowledge.