> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anony_sleuth_ff <no_reply@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>

> > <snip>

> > > Well you are quite the non-worldy fool then.
> >
> > Ah, and your evidence that lots of people keep as
> > much as $2.5 million in their accounts for decades?
> > (Putting it back into stocks to reap more profits
> > would be "non-worldly"??)

I notice you didn't respond to this.

> > > Lynne Howard, a spokeswoman for the Chicago Board Options
Exchange
> > > (CBOE), stated that information about who made the trades was
> > > available immediately. "We would have been aware of any unusual
> > > activity right away. It would have been triggered by any unusual
> > > volume. There is an automated system called 'blue sheeting,' or
the
> > > CBOE Market Surveillance System, that everyone in the business
knows
> > > about. It provides information on the trades - the name and
even the
> > > Social Security number on an account - and these surveillance
> > systems
> > > are set up specifically to look into insider trading. The
system
> > would
> > > look at the volume, and then a real person would take over and
> > review
> > > it, going back in time and looking at other unusual activity."
> > >
> > > http://tbrnews.org/Archives/a048.htm
> >
> > Just for the record, TBR News is an anti-Semitic,
> > neo-Nazi-type site.  This particular quote (which
> > was lifted, I believe, from the article I linked
> > to in the Sierra Times), is neutral in that regard,
> > but you may have noticed that the TBR article itself
> > claims the suspicious trades were made by Israelis.
>
> OH MY! Then you are right. They must be NAZIs!! Anyone that
> criticises an israeli or israel must be a full fledged NAZI.

Click on "Links" on the left-hand menu, click on the
links on that page, and let us know what you find, OK?
Try "Booklist" on the same menu.

(I'll be following up with you on this one.)

> > > And its quite hard to do so anonomously. Next to impossible.
> >
> > According to the article at CNN.com:
> >
> > One problem is that some of the more complex market transactions,
> > like short-selling of shares, are not directly visible to
regulators.

> Short-selling is as visable as long positions. The talking heads at
> CNN and FOX and other stations,reading the teleprompter that some
> staffer or analyst pasted together 2 minutes earlier, is not always
> deep truth.

Funny how anything a news source says that contradicts
something you've said is just some staffer or analyst's
fantasy.  Actually this was almost certainly based on
what Robinson said (see below).

> > But that doesn't mean there isn't a trail. Even shell companies
> > can be pried apart.
>
> So they are visible.

With considerable difficulty.  As the piece noted,
investigators would need cooperation from people
who are normally inclined to keep their mouths shut.

> And who said the 2.5mil transaction was a shell company. All reports
> are that it was an individual.

Actually the Chronicle article says "investors," plural.
Nothing that I've read specified that it was an
individual *person*, as opposed to an individual
*account*.

> > "Normally, shell companies, special banks, jurisdictional
> > problems are all set up to make a paper trail more difficult for
> > regulators to follow. The nature of this atrocity, however, is
> > such that there are signs that people who don't usually cooperate
> > will cooperate this time," says Jeffrey Robinson, author of "The
> > Laundrymen."
>
> HUH

His book is used as a text on money-laundering in
universities and law schools, so I'd tend to think
he knows what he's talking about.

You, on the other hand...