anon_astute_ff wrote:
> Who in the Holy Tradition would ever accept money for such?

Most all Holy Traditions in India accept money for operational
expenses. How do you think they build temples? I've seen donor's names
carved into the rock base of some temples. It's a common practice in
India to give money to your guru for instruction.

> They would go to hell.

Maybe so, but you or I don't get to make up the rules.

> What Guru would ever put such a sacred bond to paper?

Maybe not to paper, but it's all recited on a daily basis in the puja
to Guru Dev anyway. The TM puja contains an admonition to bow down
before your guru and pay homage. Bring fruit and flowers - these all
cost money. Most Indian spiritual traditions have an oath -
some are even secret oaths, such as those in the tantric tradition.
It's SOP for devotees.