> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:

> > don't
> still
> > people
> > since
> on
> > money
> file.
> > >

> > > It's interesting that you mention this, the thought just struck
> me
> > > that this type of thing is going on constantly in the west,
it's
> > just
> > > that most probably never aware of it. I'm referring to the
> buying
> > of
> > > titles. It's actually quite a big business. What it usually
> > involves
> > > is giving money to some foreign ruler, most who no longer rule
> > > country or are simply members of royal families. If you pay
> enough
> > > money they will give you a title. This will authorize you to be
> > able
> > > to wear certain regalia, add certain titles to your name, etc.
> And
> > > every now and then you can pay money to hang with various
royals.

> > > It's also popular in Neo-Templar circles where you pay money to
> > enter
> > > some religious order.
> > >
> > > It's quite expensive, but some people are really into it,
> holding
> > > fancy parties where they congregate and act like they're
> actually
> > > royalty.
> > >
> > > It just dawned on me that this is basically the same scam. I
> > always
> > > knew it was a scam, but this puts it in perspective.
> > >

> > In the case of the Rajahs, its more than that. The Millionaires
> > Course could be seen that way to a certain extent, but the Rajahs
> are
> > expected to actually *administrate* which is a big difference,
> IMHO.
> >

> Spare Egg, you should have been around at the time of Stalin.
>
> You could have been his Minister of Justification.

Really? The Millionaires Course was for millionaires who wanted face
time (more or less) with MMY. The Rajas are expected to work FOR the
TM organization and they paid good money for that privledge. While
you can make a case that they are so gung-ho in their beliefs that
they are willing to pay money to be allowed to wear a TMO crown,
there are certainly cheaper and easier ways to win accolades from
underlings than paying big bucks to work for the TMO at executive
level.