> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anon_couscous_ff <no_reply@>
> wrote:

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anon_couscous_ff
> <no_reply@>
> > > wrote:
> > > >
> > > [...]
> > > Answering  questions can be a catalyst deeper understanding,
> > > >

> > > But, at least in the case of CC, which is held to be purely due
> to a
> > > mechanical process of meditation alternated by activity, "deeper
> > > understanding" seems to be a contradiction in terms.
> > >

> > > Certainly, the witnessing people studied by the TMO just show a
> > > progressively stronger merging of the meditative state with the
> normal
> > > states of waking, dreaming and sleeping. There's no evidence that
> their
> > > state was enhanced/speeded up by any intellectual process.
> >
> > And I didn't say it was "that their
> >  state was enhanced/speeded up by any intellectual process."
> >
> >  And I was making a general statement about all higher states, not
> > just cc.
> >
> > I stand by my statement: "Answering  questions can be a catalyst
> > deeper understanding, to bring light to unexplored perspectives and
> > nuances" [OF UNDERSTANDING]. [implied]
> >

> Understanding of CC, beyond its existence, seems a futile thing to
> worry about, unless you're really into understanding things for their
> own sake.
>
> As forthe rest, I'll take MMY's claim about floating and Unity as
> valid: answering "can you float?" with a "yes" is a sine qua non for
> rightfully claiming Unity. Note that MMY has NEVER claimed Unity, BTW.

Well, I am glad you have heard all his talks and discussions. Thats
quite an achievement. I didn't know you had been around him so
extensively.

But Bevan clearly claimed it for him. In Intro to Gita and other
places. Does Bevan do anything, particularly something like this
proclamation, without MMY's blessings?