> On Apr 10, 2006, at 10:31 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:
>
> > Muktananda supposedly said, quote: "He seemed nice,
> > but desperately in need of a hug.
>
> And maybe some shakipat?

Maybe.  Jim (my friend) was totally into Muktananda
at that point in his life, and was rather unimpressed
with Maharishi.

Jim and his buddies were heavy into the shaktipat
scene, and the way things were around Muktananda's
movement, which he tells me were light and informal
and fun.  He was pretty underwhelmed when he encoun-
tered a spiritual environment that was the opposite:
heavy, formal to a fault, and where (in his words)
"Having fun seemed to be considered a sin by most
of the people I talked to."

I never met Muktananda, so I don't know first-hand
about his movement or how it was different from
Maharishi's.  I'm just reporting the experience of
a fellow I once swapped "what did you do before you
ran into Rama" stories with.