--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gillam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- jyouells2000 wrote:
> >
> >   And the other thing was from the Course in Miracles about the
> > difference between forgivness on the level of content and action on
> > the level of form. Forgive in the heart and act natually on the level
> > of form.
>
> Can you elaborate?
>
> Seems to me that forgiveness in the heart will have
> a profound influence on what actions ensue.
>
> > BTW, if that was an attack, I'll just turn the other check, it's only
> > email after all :-)
>
> It wasn't meant as an attack, but I admit it was aggressive humor.
> Thanks for your forbearance.

"Seems to me that forgiveness in the heart will have
a profound influence on what actions ensue."

Yup, but not necessarly Ghandi-like non-violence in a personal defense
situation, is what I was clumsily trying to convey. And as far as the
subtle interpretation of re-re-re-re translated scripture, I think
that's taken far too literally. And that's what I was trying to show
as well. Take the recent stir about the 'Gospel of Judas' - lots more
than we thought we knew.

And TorquoiseB, as far as the caste system - strongly against it. I
think there are more chances for it's distortion for control purposes
than even our flawed system. Think Vedic Surf ... ummmm ....

JohnY