In a message dated 4/18/06 3:02:26 A.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Afghanistan springs to mind, The USSR invaded to prop up the govt, a
sympathetic gas supplier. The resulting ten year hell left the country in a
pitiful state controlld by warlords and eventually the taliban. The
mujahideen were largely trained and organised by the west. ex-cia operative
Zbigniew Brzeziski claimed that the US destabilisd the country in the first
place! hoping to trick the USSR into a vietnam style conflict.

Saddam Hussien is another madman helped into power. And supported throughout
his "convenient"
war with Iran.

Add the unconditional support of Israel at the expense of the palestinians,
I think there is enough for some to be pissed off about
I doubt if you will find any Arab nation that objected to our involvement in helping the Mujahadeen in ousting the Soviets. < Saddam Hussein did not come to power by the hands of the US. And the US only gave Saddam enough military intelligence, via Satellite to let him know of Iranian troop movements so the status quo could be maintained.< Israel is our ally who we will defend to the end which is what really pisses middle eastern countries off about American foreign policy. However the United States has bent over backwards trying to reach an agreement to establish a Palestinian homeland even to the tune of billions of dollars in aid to Palestinian people.