--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lurkernomore20002000"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
>  Nothing seems to push people's
> > > buttons as much as Barry's, (and others), first hand experiences
> of
> > > levitation.
> >
> > Levitation of  others obviously. Then there are enough people I know
> > of in the TM who have first hand experiences of levitation
> themselves,
> > but they don't use them to trash.
>
> Trin,
>
> Not everything comes in a nice little package we like.  So you can
> accept other people's accounts of witnessing levitation, but not
> Barry's, because Barry mixes it up with peple?

No, first of all I distinguish, how they *use* it. So I don't
attribute more validity to a TMers report of levitation than to Barrys
report of seeing it.

> Probably you have not
> read Barry's accounts which are plainly described with no apparant
> need to convince anyone.  And, probably you have not read anything
> Freddy (Lenz) has said or written.

You are wrong, I did read some of it, I even suggested to Barry to
make a Wikiquote page about him which he declined. Still I think he
was a phoney to start with, but thats just my opinion about him. I
certainly respect the love his devotees have for him.

> Sorry to prejudge you, but I am
> just taking a guess. Check out some of Fred's interviews, if you
> haven't.  He may have gotten side tracked at the end.  But he didn't
> start out thay way.

I haven't read all, but certainly some that is on the net. My opinion
is that its not just that he got sidetracked at the end, but that it
was there right from the beginning. The whole thing how he tried to
replay the Castaneda trip I find quite phoney in itself. There's
really nothing original or authentic in it.