Here's a Monday morning topic for you: what is the
relationship of FEAR to lack of personal spiritual
experience?

What I've noticed, on this forum and many others,
is that the people who seem most emotionally involved
in putting down reports of other people's supposed
spiritual experiences DON'T seem to have any such
experiences themselves.  And one of the things I've
noticed about such compulsive throwers-of-turds-at-
spiritual-experience is that they all seem to be
terribly AFRAID.  The fear just reeks off of them.
They're very different in their approaches and their
particular "method" of turd-throwing, but the one
common denominator in all of them is the FEAR.

So what on earth could they be so afraid of, eh?
It's probably not the experiences themselves. They've
been paying big bucks to the TM organization for years
in the hope that it could give them those experiences.
But they tend to want SAFE experiences, experiences
that put them through no changes whatsoever, because
they've been "sanctioned" as SAFE by the TM movement
or some scientist somewhere. They want to witness
levitation, and at the same time be given a signed
affadaivit from someone trustworthy so that they,
personally, don't EVER have to deal with having had
an experience that they can't "prove" with a signed
affadaivit.

I'm just rappin' here, and don't really know if there
is a one-to-one relationship between being afraid of
having an experience you can't "prove" and NEVER
having any such experiences, but I suspect it exists.
I suspect that the more afraid you are of dealing with
your own subjective experiences of higher states of
consciousness, the less likely it is that you'll ever
HAVE any such experiences.

Just a theory. You guys have fun with it...