--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <jyouells@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <sparaig@>

> > think its
> > eventually
> > > >

> > > Then the question is: "How much time?"
> > > Because that certainly isn't the case in this generation.
> > > They have violated Shemp's 'Keep it Simple Rule' so much that
it
> > can't
> > > be seen anymore.
> >
> > And? TM is simple. So is Yogic FLying et alia. You can pick and
> > choose any aspect of the stuff offered at the Maharishi
> > ENlightenement centers and leave the rest. What could be simpler?
> >

>   I agree with the simplicity of effortless techniques, so I agree
> with your last paragraph.
>
> But you said, "I mean, if it works as advertised, people eventually
> MUST become less fanatical over time." And I thought about the long
> term meditators who currently administer the TMO. They have not kept
> it simple or less fanatical, hence my answer.

There can be ups and downs for a given individual, but the brain wave
research shows quite conclusively that there is a long-term change
taking place.

Has TM caused the
> unwinding of all your problems, yet?

ALL my problems? I never claimed "all" during a given time frame. ANd
yes, I've found the ability to handle stress HAS increased over the
years. I've found the ability to let go, at least in some ways, has
strengthed. Whether this can be attributed to middle age, Prozac or
TM, who can say?

There is no MUST about it, people
> change as they will, what form it will take can only be spoken about
> in generalities. It doesn't work 'as advertised'. That is a
generality
> , for people in general. How a specific individual or even small
group
> will react is more difficult to say.

The brainwave patterns don't like... ;-)