In a message dated 4/29/06 10:40:59 A.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
    Genetic testing also show that Human population dwindled down to a few hundreds 70,000 years ago due to a drought.  We were on the brink of extinction.  All humans on the Earth today have decended from that 'Population-Bootleneck'.
I saw this figure tossed about as being caused by a super volcano somewhere in Indonesia, which caused some kind of "nuclear" winter type event, no doubt droughts as well. The evidence of this particular volcano going off 70,000 years ago is evident today in the earth's crust.