No kidding--that's stealing. Was it made out to you? If so, depending on the amount (I think, or maybe that doesn't matter) that could be a major crime.

My crack came a few years later, when it became obvious that some of the 'elites' were treated much differently than everyone else, and usually acted accordingly, ie. like major jerks.

Sal