--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jason Spock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>       Have you seen the Witch-Hunting that still goes on in remote
parts of India.?  There was a program on National-Geographic on this.

>       The Astonishing Parallel between the medival European Witch-
Hunting, was this.... Only Old Widows who had property, but Nobody
to defend them or protect them was accused, targeted as Witches and
killed.!!

...sounds like American politics...

> Wayback71 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 21:09:58 -0000
> Subject: [FairfieldLife] new movie: Water
>

>   I just saw a new movie called Water from the same woman who
did "Fire" a few years ago.
> Water is incredible, about the life of widows in India during the
1930's as Ghandi was becoming known.  We were all fairly speechless
for about an hour after the movie ended.  The juxtaposition of
religous (in this case Hindu) rituals and beliefs with unkindess and
cruelty is astonishing.

30+ countries) for 2ยข/min or less.