> Beautiful film, probably the best of the trilogy.  I hope she goes on to
> do "Air" and "Space" (akasha).

I have seen Fire and Water.  Waht is the 3rd film in her trilogy?

Sri Lanka was standing in for India
> because Mehta got run out of India by fundie Hindus when she tried to
> shoot the film in Varanasi.  Her first husband Paul Saltzman was with
> Maharishi and the Beatles in Rishikesh and published a book recently of
> photographs from that experience.
>
> It is ashame that Indian cinema can't produce as good of films but the
> productions are slipshod, corrupted by politicians and Indian mafia, and
> a lack of an enforceable copyright laws makes them shoot the films
> quickly and without scripts or else some crook will take the script and
> rush it out even sooner.
>

> wayback71 wrote:
>
> >I just saw a new movie called Water from the same woman who did "Fire" a few
> >years ago.
> >Water is incredible, about the life of widows in India during the 1930's as
> >Ghandi was
> >becoming known.  We were all fairly speechless for about an hour after the movie
> >ended.
> >The juxtaposition of religous (in this case Hindu) rituals and beliefs with
> >unkindess and
> >cruelty is astonishing.
> >

> >To subscribe, send a message to:
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >Or go to:
> >and click 'Join This Group!'

> >Maharishi university of management
> ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Maharishi+university+of+management&w1=Maharishi+university+of+managem
ent&w2=Maharishi+mahesh+yogi&w3=Ramana+maharshi&c=3&s=88&.sig=4Dfh0rVqd2e
lKiZeJ9leoQ>
> >      Maharishi mahesh yogi
> ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Maharishi+mahesh+yogi&w1=Maharishi+university+of+management&w2=Mah
arishi+mahesh+yogi&w3=Ramana+maharshi&c=3&s=88&.sig=1z8a2OT169PeQq97hr32

> >      Ramana maharshi
> ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Ramana+maharshi&w1=Maharishi+university+of+management&w2=Maharishi+
mahesh+yogi&w3=Ramana+maharshi&c=3&s=88&.sig=Inh7TIAFRvkxNUzB0kJ-Lw>