> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer
> <fairfieldlife@> wrote:
> >
> > on 5/9/06 2:05 PM, markmeredith2002 at markmeredith@ wrote:
> >
> > > I think girish just wants the business empire, which he
appears
> to be
> > > in line for.  Nader can keep the ceremonial crown and maybe
for
> some
> > > TBs that will mean something, but from what I hear he has no
real
> > > power over the accounts or on the boards of directors.  With
MMY
> gone,
> > > can either of them keep donations coming in at $1 million a
> pop?  I
> > > dont' think so.  Techniques teaching is pretty much dead.  So
> > > controlling the various business operations and offshore
> accounts is
> > > what matters, and girish looks like the type of guy who
> understands
> > > that.  (I don't know, maybe his putting his picture on par
with
> MMYs
> > > is an attempt to cultivate a guru image in the Indian TMO and
> maybe
> > > those people are gullible to buy into that).
> >
> > Some may, but the guy is pretty deficient in the charisma
> > department. He'd better learn to "manifest" ash or something.
> > He could afford to pay for lessons from David Blaine or David
> > Copperfield.
>
> Funny, but isn't that a sad commentary on people in
> general and what it takes to inspire them. To steal
> Curtis' phrase, their "street cred" as a spiritual
> teacher is dependent on their ability to make an
> ash of themselves.  :-)

Ironically, TM didn't use to need silly things such as manifesting
ash for its "street cred".  Providing a simple, easy technique was
all that was necessary.

And then the equivalent of manifesting ash was -- and I think I'm
accurate in saying this -- TO THE SURPRISE OF EVERYONE introduced
into the equation: the flying technique.  And that was the beginning
of the end as far as I'm concerned.  ALL street cred was lost.