--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> on 5/10/06 6:27 PM, Jason Spock at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>

> >     Jokes apart, Sir Archer mentioned that it wasn't a One-Way
street.

> >     If the women did initiate and Maharishi was forced to
Satisfy their sexual
> > urges, then It's not really Maharishi's fault.
> >

> >     He can't say NO and disappoint his disciples.??
> >
> Maharishi initiated all the ³relationships² I¹m aware of, but never
> forcefully. The accounts indicate that he didn¹t display the
coercion and
> persistence that usually characterizes men overshadowed by lust.
If the
> woman indicated she wasn¹t interested, he backed off immediately.

Gloria Steinem says that a man is allowed one free grope, one free
open mouthed kiss, one free placing of a woman's hand over the man's
genitals and as long as a man respects the woman's "no" to all of
the above and doesn't go further, that's okay!

So, at least according to Gloria Steinem's standard, Maharishi acted
appropriately.