I have absolutely no idea whether the following allegations are
founded or unfounded, Sal, but judge for yourself whether they have
more or less credibility than, say, the allegations against Clarence
Thomas (who, by the way, was never accused by Anita Hill of ever
actually being TOUCHED by Thomas).

As I've said before: I am a great admirer of Clinton's (as I am of
MMY) but that doesn't mean I stick my head in the sand.

----------------------

Don't Let 'Moderate' Hillary Fool You
by Kathleen Willey, Candice E. Jackson, and Juanita Broaddrick
Posted May 11, 2006

Text Size:  S   M   L
printer-friendly
email to a friend
respond to this article

Can Bush Come Back?

CIA Choice is Savvy Politics

Bye-Bye, 'Culture of Corruption'

Republicans on the Defensive

Hillary Clinton weighed in on the immigration reform debate recently
by accusing the House Republicans of passing a bill that
would "criminalize the Good Samaritan and probably even Jesus
himself." Hillary also opined that the House bill "flew in the face"
of Republicans' stated support for faith and values.

Buy Now
Save 13%
Hillary eagerly pounces on her political opponents' supposed
betrayal of their values, but what about her values? Far from
walking in the footsteps of the Good Samaritan or "Jesus himself,"
Hillary has consistently revealed a personal and political character
the core values of which are ruthlessness, unbounding arrogance and
endless ambition.

One of us had the surreal experience of being confronted by Hillary -
- self-declared feminist and champion of "women's rights" -- as she
protected her husband Bill against the charge of rape. Another of us
worked with the Clintons prior to being sexually assaulted by Bill
Clinton, and witnessed her dismissive, contemptuous interactions
with others whenever the cameras weren't present. Our experience of
Hillary Clinton as ruthless and vindictive is validated in a newly
released book, "I've Always Been a Yankees Fan: Hillary Clinton in
Her Own Words," by Tom Kuiper.

"I've Always Been a Yankees Fan" is a collection of quotes --
hundreds of them -- by and about Hillary Clinton, spanning her
entire life and career, complete with pictures, captions and
humorous but spot-on commentary. The quotes show a crass,
insensitive side of Hillary, and in the foreword Dick Morris writes
of this "wonderful little book" that "No politician could possibly
amass quotes like this and expect to run for office. Nobody would
dare." Hillary Clinton, however, possesses an extraordinary level of
arrogance (even for a politician), and expects to claw her way back
to the White House despite being called out for her despicable
attitudes and statements.

Our perception of Hillary, one shared by Tom Kuiper and Dick Morris,
stands in stark contrast to the one touted by feminist legal scholar
and author Susan Estrich. In her recent book, Estrich opines that
Hillary can and should be elected the first female president.
Estrich writes, "I think that Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, soon-
to-be second-term senator from New York, centrist Democrat, strong
on security, tough, moderate, family values, middle-aged, qualified,
managed by Bill Clinton, is the next president of the United
States." Moderate? Family values? Kuiper's new book goes a long way
toward discrediting the version of Hillary Clinton that permitted
her to launch her own political career, and on which she hopes to
ascend to the presidency in 2008.

For example, Kuiper quotes multi-millionaire Hillary opining
that "The unfettered free market has been the most radically
disruptive force in American life in the last generation." It is
difficult to discern any moderation in that statement. Or in this
response by Hillary to a constituent who expressed concern over
being forced into a government-run health-care plan: "It's time to
put the common good, the national interest, ahead of individuals."
Or in this explanation to wealthy donors regarding her support for
repealing the Bush tax cuts: "Many of you are well enough off that
[the] tax cuts may have helped you. We're saying that for America to
get back on track, we're probably going to cut that short and not
give it to you. We're going to take things away from you on behalf
of the common good."

How about Hillary's supposed support for family values, which should
include justice for abused women and children? "I've Always Been a
Yankees Fan" presents Hillary publicly announcing, "I am proud that
my husband has stood up as president to confront the violence and to
protect American women." But Kuiper also accurately recounts how
Hillary privately revealed a complete lack of concern
for "protecting women against violence" when she asked to meet
Juanita Broaddrick just weeks after Juanita had been raped by Bill
Clinton. Hillary was willing to do whatever it took to prevent
Juanita from holding her husband accountable for an unspeakable act
of violence.

Kuiper also quotes Hillary Clinton as saying of the many women who
have reported having sexual encounters with Bill Clinton (forced or
otherwise): "These women are all trash. Nobody's going to believe
them." This is hardly how "Jesus himself" would respond to women
reporting what often amounted to sexual mistreatment, and we doubt
that He would "crucify" Gennifer Flowers for daring to disclose her
affair with Hillary's husband -- even though Bill Clinton himself
eventually admitted under oath to having the affair with Flowers.
Hillary professes to be "a voice for America's children," yet at an
event with preschoolers at the governor's mansion as first lady of
Arkansas Mother Clinton was overheard on the intercom system
saying, "I want to get this s--- over with and get these damn people
out of here." Hillary has not demonstrated a consistent track record
of treating women and children -- at least children not her own --
with care and concern. She was certainly quick enough to demand that
taxpayers fund a pool for the governor's mansion while first "lady"
of Arkansas.

Hillary invariably relies on the maxim "the best defense is a good
offense" to deflect attention from her own wrongdoing. She refuses
to address or apologize for the statements -- many of them vulgar
and outrageous -- that Tom Kuiper has painstakingly assembled, but
she audaciously continues to malign others for supposedly failing to
act on "faith" and "values." Based on our personal experiences with
Hillary Clinton, we encourage others to explore the true nature of
this woman through Kuiper's entertaining but revealing book before
throwing political support to Hillary on the misguided impression
that she is the moderate, family-values candidate she wants you to
think she is.

Mrs. Willey is a Virginia businesswoman and former White House
volunteer who was allegedly sexually assaulted by Clinton in 1993.

Ms. Jackson is an attorney, rape survivor, and author of Their
Lives: The Women Targeted by the Clinton Machine.

Ms. Broaddrick is an Arkansas businesswoman and former "Clinton for
Governor" supporter who was allegedly raped by Bill Clinton in 1978.

Not a subscriber to HUMAN EVENTS? Sign up now!