> on 5/11/06 7:19 PM, authfriend at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lurkernomore20002000"
> > <steve.sundur@> wrote:
> >>
> >> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer

> >> alive or something. Since Barry isn't playing along much lately,
> >> Curtis' debut got her salivating. But he was so darned nice and
> >> polite. Has he been castrated? What's his problem? Anyway, she's
> >> been trying unsuccessfully to goad him into an argument.
> >>
> >> And we are all holding our breath to see if he is going to
> >> oblige. And we are all deeply hoping that he does not.
> >
> > No, you see, you have it backwards.  I attempted to
> > discourage *Curtis* from starting an argument with
> > *me*, and he went ahead and did so anyway.
> >
> > Don't you find it curious that you got it exactly
> > backward?  Doesn't it make you wonder what *else*
> > you might have totally screwed up in your alleged
> > mind?
> >
> > And isn't it odd that Rick hasn't seen fit to correct
> > his blatantly erroneous statement?
> >
> > Could it have been deliberate, perhaps?
>
> What? My statement? If so, yes. I deliberately stated my
> observation, which seemed to be shared by everyone who cared to
> comment on the situation, as well as one person who emailed me
> privately,

It doesn't matter how many people shared it, Rick.
That doesn't make it accurate.

which was that Curtis wasn't trying to cause trouble,
> but you seemed to be, by dredging up feelings you're still
> harboring from your conversations with him nine years ago. I'm
> sure you'll come back at me with some defensive song and dance

I'll come back at you with facts, Rick.

>From message 97599:

"Curtis, I've been restraining myself.  I have
a whole lot to say about our previous encounters,
and you might think about whether you really want
to set me off."

>From message 97635:

"Second, if you don't care about our past arguments, stop
trying to perpetuate them.  I did my damndest to see you
in a new, more positive light when you showed up here, but
your subsequent comments have made that impossible.  Now
I'm trying to restrain myself from explaining why I saw,
and now still see, you in a negative light.  You can
contribute to or sabotage that effort."

Curtis chose to sabotage it, as you can see from the
rest of the messages in the exchange.

, but
> I'm just stating an objective fact: that people viewed the
> situation this way.

No, that's not what you stated.  You stated how you
viewed the situation as if it were a fact.  It is
not a fact, no matter how many people viewed it that
way.

> They may all have been mistaken, but that's not the point. The
> point is that people dislike petty bickering and nit-picking over
> who said what to whom and who was right and who was wrong. You seem
> to thrive on this

As you can see from those quotes, Rick, I made an
effort to *stop* it.  Curtis chose to perpetuate it.

>, but most others here don't share your proclivity. As usual, I
> haven't bothered to read everything you and others have written on
> this matter, and I'm not about to, so please don't take a lot of
> your time writing a long response.

And the hell with any semblance of basic fairness,
eh, Rick?

This is the very attitude that put Bush in the
White House.

> Good night and good luck.

I can't begin to express my contempt.