--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Beaten up by everyone and their dog, the amazing Ms. Stein battles
> on.
>
> I like you, Judy. You may not know it, but you are part of my cyber
> world. I just wish you were chair of some investigating Congressional
> committee so you could grill some people in Washington who have got
> away with far too much for far too long. FFL is just a game in some
> obscure cyber corner, but there are people out there in the real
> world who are doing us all real  harm, and I wish you could be the
> tenacious junkyard dog that exposes them and finally brings them down.

So do I!  That's a day-brightener, feste, thank you.

There was a cartoon series in The New Yorker magazine
back in the '40s and '50s by William Steig called
"Dreams of Glory," in which this little kid imagined
himself as the hero in all sorts of situations, such
as getting the drop on Hitler--

http://oook.info/mt/archives/2006_03.html
(scroll about 2/3 of the way down the page)

--and as I read your post, I suddenly had this image
of my Steig-drawn self at a press conference, sternly
reading an indictment to the crowd of assembled
reporters as in the background a long line of manacled
miscreants is being frog-marched out of the White House.

<sigh>