> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "hugheshugo"
> <richardhughes103@> wrote:
> >
> > The thing I like most about the hippy/LSD revolution is that
> > it was all started by the CIA looking for a truth drug, they
> > performed experiments on volunteers, one of whom was Ken Kesey
> > author of "one flew over the cuckoos nest". He loved it and
> > after reading "stranger in a strange land" by Heinlien he
> > started a really wild commune and toured america on a old bus
> > giving out LSD to all and sundry, the rest is history. Just
> > wish I'd been there.
>
> Remember that old saying, "If you can remember the
> Sixties you weren't there." I was there -- not on
> the bus (Further was its name) but at a few of the
> original Acid Tests -- and unfortunately the old
> saying is true...I can't tell you much about them. :-)

You were actually there! Far out man! Birth of the grateful dead and
everything. Must've been a hell of a party.

Did you ever read "The electric kool-aid acid test" by Tom Wolfe? it
should brings it back to life for you, a great book. He was on the
bus and he managed to take notes! We had a similar scene in England
in the 80's with some really heavy psychedelic bands, magic
mushrooms and free festivals every weekend, much fun.